Terms & Conditions - Refer A Friend:
When is this offer available?
- The $25 referral credit offer is available to customers effective July 23, 2019. Freedom Mobile reserves the right to change or cancel the Freedom Mobile Refer A Friend program (the 'Program') without notice. If we do so, we will honour any credits that were fully qualified prior to the change or cancellation.
How the Program Works?
- To earn rewards for referring friends to Freedom Mobile, you need to sign up for the Freedom Mobile Refer a Friend program at freedommobile.ca/refer by providing your name, a valid email address, and your Freedom Mobile phone number. You must accept the Program Terms & Conditions. Only individuals with whom you have a personal relationship, and from whom you've obtained consent to communicate with them about the Program, will be valid.
The referrer (existing Freedom Mobile customer) must:
- Visit the Refer A Friend website, select "Refer Now!" and follow the prompts to sign up for the Program.
- Sign up for the Program before referring friends.
- Choose how they want to send the referral offer to their friends. Options include email, social networks (Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, etc.), text, or providing the email address they used to sign up for the Program or their Freedom Mobile phone number to their friends.
The person referred (non-Freedom Mobile customer) must:
- 'Claim' the offer within 30 days of receiving the referral, by visiting the Freedom Mobile Refer a Friend website, and signing up for the Program by selecting "Get Your Reward!" and following the prompts.
- Sign up for the Program before activating their new service.
- Within 30 days of claiming the offer, both activate a new service and return to the Refer A Friend website to enter their new Freedom Mobile phone number.
- If the person referred does not both activate their new service, and register their new Freedom Mobile phone number by visiting the Refer a Friend website within 30 days of claiming their referral offer, neither the referrer, nor the referred, will receive a reward for the referral.
- If the person referred activates their new service prior to claiming their referral offer, neither the referrer, nor the referred, will receive a reward for the referral.
Who is Eligible?
- Existing Freedom Mobile customers who make referrals under the Program must be subscribed to a minimum $25/month (with Digital Discount) Prepaid or Postpaid consumer rate plan in order to be eligible to receive a $25 reward credit.
- The person referred must also subscribe to a minimum $25/month (with Digital Discount) Prepaid or Postpaid consumer rate plan to be eligible to receive a $25 reward credit.
- The Program is available for new activations only. Anyone who activates a new service under an existing account is not eligible. Referrers cannot refer themselves or other existing customers who have already activated with Freedom Mobile.
- The referred's new account must remain active for at least 30 days before Freedom Mobile will validate the new account and apply the referral reward to both the referrer and the referred.
- If the referrer's Freedom Mobile account is suspended or cancelled at any time during the referral process, they will not be eligible to receive a reward for the referral. If the referred's Freedom Mobile account is cancelled or suspended at any time within 30 days from the date of activation, neither party will receive a reward for the referral.
- A referred customer cannot receive more than one referral offer as part of this Program. If they receive multiple referral offers, a reward credit will only be applied to the account of the referrer who's offer they accepted first through the Program.
- Employees of Freedom Mobile, or employees of any of Freedom Mobile's authorized dealers, including employees of third party retailers associated with Freedom mobile, are not eligible to participate in the Program.
What will I receive?
- The referrer will receive a one-time $25 service credit for each eligible referral up to a maximum combined limit of $250 per calendar year for all lines on their account (inclusive of the initial $25 credit for customers who first activated an account under the Program).
- The referred will receive a one-time $25 service credit once they activate a new account. Referred friends are still eligible to receive a one-time $25 service credit, even if the referrer has reached their $250 per year referral limit.
- You will not receive any referral reward if your referrals are denied, or if you fail to comply with any of the terms of the Program as determined by Freedom Mobile in its sole discretion.
- Freedom mobile may also restrict your ability to take part in the Refer A Friend program, on a temporary or permanent basis, if it believes that you have failed to comply with any of the terms of the Program as determined by Freedom Mobile in its sole discretion.
- Refer A Friend credits are non-refundable, have no cash value, and will not be paid out if a service is cancelled or terminated before the completion of the referral process and the application of the referral credit.
How can the credit be used?
- The credit can be used to pay for current charges for monthly plan fees, monthly add-ons, roaming, international calling and messaging. It cannot be applied to the cost of devices or accessories.
How is the credit applied?
- The credit will be applied directly to your account as a bill adjustment before tax for Postpaid customers, or as a top-up before tax for Prepaid customers, within 45 days of the referred completing the referral process. The credit will be applied as long as your account is in good standing (not suspended or cancelled) and as long as you continue to be eligible.
Your account will no longer be eligible for the Program:
- If you change your phone number at any time following your account activation;
- If you port your number away from Freedom Mobile
- If you are not eligible for the Program during any month, that credit will be entirely forfeited and cannot be made up.
All services subject to Freedom Mobile's Terms of Service, Fair Usage Policy, and Internet Traffic Management Policy and are for personal use by an individual.